CSAT UPSC Prelims Test Series
CSAT or GS II is the second paper of UPSC Prelims exam that was introduced in the year 2011. Intention to introduce CSAT was to check candidates’ general knowledge,analytical as well as aptitude skills.
Edusitech CSAT package includes 25 Full Length Tests ( 80*10 = 800 Questions ).Solution with answer explanation is provided after each test.
General Studies Paper II – CSAT Syllabus
- Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
- Logical reasoning and analytical ability
- Decision-making and problemsolving
- General mental ability
- Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. – Class X level)
- While preparing for the comprehension, it is important that the students understand the written passage properly while analysing the ideas. The questions can be answered well only when you have understood the opinions, ideas and details of the passage properly.
Interpersonal Skills including Communication Skills
- Interpersonal skill and communication skill is not about grammar and vocabulary but about how you interact with other and how you perform in a group. Communication skill involves articulating your views comprehensively and briefly, while at the same time being receptive to others’ ideas.
Logical Reasoning and Analytical Ability
- When you prepare yourself for the logical reasoning and analytical ability, you should understand three main parts- scenario, rules and the questions.
- It is about understanding the information, diagramming of the information as well as sequencing the given information.
- It requires your attention and therefore it is important to prepare for this area in a very meticulous way. You can take up the test series or assistance from the study material to judge your logical reasoning and analytical ability.
Decision-Making and Problem-Solving
- The decision-making and problem-solving questions in the Civil Services Aptitude Test IAS Prelims are important to focus upon because they are meant to judge the awareness of the candidate.
- As the name says it all, this section judges the candidates on their ability to handle various situations in day-to-day life.
- Such types of questions also do not carry any negative marking, which is why it is advisable for the candidates to attempt them right in the beginning.
General Mental Ability
- Students preparing for the Civil Services Aptitude Test for IAS Prelim 2019 need to understand that it is important to answer the maximum number of questions correctly.
- Solving the questions under this section is by and large, simpler than other tests because it does not involve complex procedures.
- Here, all that you need to do is practice more. Practicing will help you in improving your score to a large extent.
Basic Numeracy and Data Interpretation
- Basic numeracy is popularly also known as Quantitative Aptitude. In basic numeracy, the candidates should focus on certain components such as number system, percentage, profit, loss and discount, averages and their applications, ratio, proportion and variation, time and work, time, speed and distance as well as the basics of algebra.
- In data interpretation, you need to apply the tools of statistics to make a representation of the data. There are certain ways of data interpretation which involve narration-based, pictorial, table representation, pie chart as well as bar graph.
English Language Comprehension Skills
- Under this section, the students are tested on their mature understanding as well as retention ability. Comprehension basically involves the reading comprehension.
- Here, the candidates should train themselves to grasp the information and retain it as well. This section basically tests you on how well you can detect the main ideas of the comprehension passage and construct inferences from it.
- Actually this passage is of 100 words in English for both English medium and Hindi Medium students and is meant to test the Basic understanding of English Language.
Ias Rockers test series is Available only in English Medium
Books recommended for CSAT Paper II
- CSAT Paper – 2 Manual by TMH or CSAT-II – Arihant (CSAT – Paper 2)
- Analytical Reasoning – M. K. Pandey.
- Verbal & Non-Verbal Reasoning – R. S.Aggarwal
- IAS Prelims 22 Years General Studies Topic-Wise Solved Papers – Disha
- Data Interpretation & Data Sufficiency
No Reviews found for this course.